The vault contains a staggering £197 billion pounds worth of gold bars but despite this the professor is a bit sad that the gold isn't "doing exciting reactions and so on"!
- There's no smell because the gold is un reactive
- The UK has about 310 tonnes of gold in it's reserves
- The oldest bar of gold has been in the vault since 1916
- Each bar is between 12.4 kg (28lb) or 2 stones
- Each bar is worth about £435,000
- If the professors was 'worth his weight in gold' he would be worth £2.5 million pounds!
So there you go, if you sell your gold to Gold Reserves South Wales this is where it might end up!